Located in Pontiac, Michigan, this former state psychiatric hospital was Michigan's second oldest.
When it opened on August 1, 1878, it was known as the Eastern Michigan Asylum for the Insane, later shortened to Eastern Michigan Asylum. In 1911, it became the Pontiac State Hospital, and in 1973 it was renamed Clinton Valley Center.
CVC was closed by the State of Michigan in October, 1997, and demolition began in January, 2000.
By June of 2000, all of the buildings where gone.
These pages were created to document the buildings and history of the Clinton Valley Center.